Sunday, August 9, 2015

Nilsson News

Apologies for not posting in forever but you haven't missed a whole lot.  It is funny to think about how fast and busy this summer has been and then when I think back, I can't think of anything to write about.  We have been harvesting some things and I canned the first batch of beans.  I wish that school didn't start at the exact same time as canning season, but I guess my kids just get a crash course in home economics.
I think that Davis county has done something right and paid a little too much tithing because we have been getting drenched!  On Monday, the rain began at 5 in the morning, increasing in strength through the day and didn't let up once until 5 that evening.  The kids wanted to go out and do something fun so we decided to go to the pet store.  The streets were like rivers and many of the intersections had turned to lakes.  On main street there is a ton of construction so all of the gutters were non existent and that  took puddle jumping to a whole new level.  It was quite amazing actually.  Like mom mentioned, we got another huge storm on Friday as well.  It helped us to have an early harvest of peaches.
It was fun going up to Mom's this week and playing with the Hart boys.  We went to the rodeo and the fair and that always brings back wondrous memories for me.  You know, we had such a great life growing up.  Thanks to great parents who knew what was good for us!  Happy wedding day tomorrow!  Sure glad that Dad will be home and you won't be stuck at the fair.
Hope to post some pictures soon after I get a hold of Garrett's phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment