Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Delectable Recipe!

Okay folks, hold on to your hats because this recipe will just about blow you away.  First of all, the reason I am raving about this recipe is because my picky eater does not like new recipes and he actually ate this and.....LIKED IT!!!  The other reason I like it is because it is pretty forgiving, meaning that  you don't need to have exact measurements.  It is also perfect with the fresh garden veggies that are coming on.  Without further ado I present to you:


Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Wraps
Recipe by Our Best Bites (with variations by Ruth)
Bruschetta:
1 tomato, diced  (seeds removed)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1-2 tablespoons fresh minced basil or 1 teaspoon dry basil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
kosher salt
black pepper
Pesto chicken filling:
1 tablespoon mayo
1 tablespoon light sour cream or plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons pesto
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and a little zest
1 cup shredded or diced cooked chicken breast, about 4 ounces (I used some chicken that we had grilled and had put in the freezer)
1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (I did not use these)
1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce or spinach leaves
greek pita flat bread (I like the flat bread over the pockets because it is much more moist and flavorful)             Shredded cheese
Combine diced tomato, onion, basil, and balsamic vinegar.  Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.  Set aside.
Combine mayo, sour cream, pesto, lemon juice and a few grates of the lemon zest.  Stir mixture and combine it with chicken and pine nuts (if using), stirring until combined.  Layer lettuce on pita, top with chicken mixture, and then bruschetta.  Add cheese if desired
This recipe originally serves 2 so I just cut up a few more things and doubled the chicken filling.  I think that cilantro on top would also taste amazing!  If you have leftover bruschetta, try using it on home made pizza, it's delish!


1 comment:

  1. I am very, very excited to try the yummy recipe, Ruthie! I haven't had much ambition to cook lately, so the family will appreciate having more than just watermelon for dinner. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete