Monday, November 9, 2015

Nilsson News

What a week! I don't know how much info mom gave you about Eliza so I'll just give you a recap since that is what this week entailed.  Beginning with Monday, Eliza began to say that she didn't feel well and then she would run off and play so I didn't think much of it.  By the evening though, she came down with a fever.  I thought she was coming down with a bug since it is the season for that and prepared to be out for awhile as all that kids would get it.  Well, she continued to have a fever and laid on the couch all day, every day.  Medication did not seem to do anything for her.  I was really perplexed as she continued to have a fever without any other symptoms.
Finally, on Friday, when she was looking very unwell and had a fever of 103.4, I decided to take her to the doctor.  He did the vitals on her but was also very perplexed that she didn't have any other symptoms and that the medicine I'd give her didn't work.  He ended up doing a nose and throat swab, which was awful, and sent me home with some things to collect a urine sample.  Once we got that done and tested at the lab, it showed Eliza had a kidney infection.  Luckliy, we were able to start her on an oral antibiotic, rather than an IV, which we had been told was a possibility.
Her fever is gone, and she isn't out on the couch all day, but she still isn't back to normal.  It really knocked her out so I reckon it will take a bit to get back.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
A side note, Henry is crawling all over the place and loving his new found freedom!  It is hard for the kids to remember to keep small items picked up off the floor.
My ponderizing quote this week is from Elder Maxwell:

"We can say, 'I know God loveth his children, nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.' We have had and will have times in each of our lives when such faith must be the bottom line.  We do not know what is happening to us or around us, but we know that God loves us, and knowing that for the moment, is enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment