Sunday, February 1, 2015

Flake Fun

1 February 2015 - This week was full of new stuff.  Scott was tasked with completing 1099's for the county and had to work late this past Thursday to make sure that they were all done and ready to be mailed out.  A tiring reminder that tax season is here!   I, on the other hand, had a 3 day course on Incident Command Systems.  It was really interesting.  Basically, what is the command structure that occurs (or should occur) when an incident (anything: fire, crash, crisis, etc.) happens.  It was a lot of information but I passed the final exam which was good.  I was also informed that sometime in the near future my program will be audited...Don't know how I feel about that.

The most exciting part of the week was Wednesday night.  We were sitting on the couch when I heard some bird ruckus outside.  We have a lot of doves that fly around so at first I thought it was doves but when I really started listening it hit me that it was an owl conversation!  It was really pretty dark outside so I didn't think we would be able to see anything but when I opened the front door, there was a huge owl sitting on the power pole!  And he seemed to be conversing with an owl sitting near our neighbor's house!  It was really neat.  It was too dark to get a picture though.

Work still goes forward on the house.  We did get a lot done yesterday and we are starting to think that there might be a glimmer at the end of the tunnel.  What do you think?

 
This is the new light switch in the dining room

 
Bathroom Tub Surround

 
Our makeshift brace...it worked quite well!

 
This is a snapshot of what the whole house looks like! Partially done but covered in dust and junk.
 

 
The "finished" surround

 
We took off the "redneck chic" wainscoting and had to re-texture a bit of the wall.

 
Painted the kitchen

Hopefully the next round of pictures will show some visible progress! Hope that everyone has a good week!  We'll check in next week!

Also wanted to share some fun pictures that we took at Christmas time.

 
New racquet ball gloves!

 
It's a hard knock life!

 
Yay for automatic tea kettles!

 
A fun new toy

 
What a handsome boy!

 
Uncle Thomas!

 
Baby Jesus!

 
Grandma's Gift Circle



 
Happy Birthday Thomas - did anyone hear what Grant said right after this?  I have a video that won't upload but after Thomas blew out the candles Grant clapped and shouted, "I did it!"

 
What is all this craziness?

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! That kitchen looks so much bigger and better with that wainscoting gone. You guys are effecting quite the transformation. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos, Jenn! I feel like Joy looked in her photo every time I go to my Phlebotomy class... "You want me to do WHAT?" I am so glad you sent all of the Christmas pictures. What a way to get everyone excited about getting together again!

    ReplyDelete