Sunday, July 22, 2018

North Logan Notes

My mouth starts watering when I read the garden reports on our blog!! Yum! I am very happy to know that the gardening tradition is being carried on in lots of places. We may have to start a taste-testing vacation and visit all of our favorite gardens and gardeners in Idaho, Utah, and Arizona! Lauren has shared lots of produce with us already, which has been quite delicious. I try to ration the yumminess so that it lasts longer, but I usually get carried away and eat it all up too fast. How very fun it was to see our Hyde Park raspberries and blackberries growing in Idaho Falls and in American Fork! When we get settled we hope to bother you all for starts from your starts from our starts :)

Going back and forth was the name of the game this week. After the birth I'd been waiting for finally happened early on Wednesday, I went to check on Lauren and found all well and happy there. The next morning I left for Idaho Falls to take some beef up there and returned home very late. All was well up north, as well. The next day Dad and I drove down to Salt Lake to attend the Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day Concert in the Conference Center, which was unbelievably superb! The guest artists were incredible and the choir and orchestra were at their best doing Rogers and Hammerstein music. It was very inspiring and uplifting and we were so glad to see it in person rather than on our little computer screens.

Not much else happened this week. Dad will be gone most of the upcoming week, so I may travel again. No garden to water. No pets to care for. No reason to stick around. That's okay. We have been tremendously blessed and are grateful for the tutoring we are receiving at this point in our lives.

Have a lovely week and keep those gardens growing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment