Sunday, January 28, 2018

Nilsson News

We are being hit for the third time this season by the obnoxious respiratory wog.  Addy and Henry seem to to be the ring leaders with Millie joining the recruits and Eliza and Emerson close behind.  I'm blaming it on this weather.  It has been the most spring feeling January I have ever experienced and the germs are loving the balmy weather as well.  We are lucky I guess that the kids are getting sick now, before we head on our big vacation south to Arizona.  We are super excited!  Our weather is balmy for Idaho Falls (highs in the mid 30's-40) but looking at Mesa, the highs are mid 70's-80.  Lovely!
The demo has begun!  It has been my project so far.  Garrett is supportive but likes his position as an onlooker/baby holder.  I tore out the desk and shelf that were on the side of the fireplace and finished hammering the protruding head smashers rock ledges.  Now I'm ready to start attaching the 2x2 grid that will go underneath the planking.  I went out to our scrap wood pile and measured our potential wood beam mantle and it fit exactly with about 1/2 inch to spare on either end.  I was super excited!  It is fun to think that we almost have one room in our house completed and looking nice!  Our master bedroom is almost done, if I could ever get motivated to paint and caulk all the trim...
Love you all and hope all is well!  We keep waiting to hear from Emma...!

No comments:

Post a Comment