Sunday, October 22, 2017

Nilsson News

Hey all!  We are back in internet business.  Actually, the internet business is back with our business, but you know what I mean.  I really didn't think I used the internet all that often but then we went without it for a week and it was quite pathetic.  We live in a tech filled world I'm sad to admit so I guess I'm not as old fashioned as I thought I was.
I'm not going to try to recap everything I missed writing about but just a few things.  Our garden and canning season has come to an end (yay!) and we had a wonderful harvest.  I love gardening but I love the seasons which make the gardening come to a close.  We are having trouble trying to find a place to put all the plant material from our garden.  I mean, what do you do with ten 15 foot mammoth sunflower plants?  They don't fit in the garbage can just so you know.
The biggest project we have been working on has been a new pen and shelter for the jack donkey we are getting in two weeks.  He is the other half of the breeding element that we need and we are pretty excited about it.  His name is Inigo and I think he and Wesley should be friends.  Garrett has outdone himself in his fence building and shed construction skills.  I think deep down he was always meant to be a farmer.
We are looking forward to Christmas but have two other holidays to make it through first!  The kids have had fun raking leaves and are really looking forward to dressing up for Halloween.  Their mom has not been very prompt in getting around to sewing said costumes, but somehow I'm sure they will get done.
We are super excited for Thanksgiving and Addy is going to be the one to make rolls.  So don't worry about that Mom!  She learned how to make them at Activity Days and has been begging to make them ever since.  We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Good luck Emma with your call backs!  Can't wait to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. Excess plant material? May I suggest a bonfire? You can do those out there, you know!
    I think Lauren still needs to see The Princess Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian identified my princess bride quite at the camp out! It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete