Sunday, January 24, 2016

Manning Musings

Well I have not been the most exceptional blogger since school started and before that too! But school did start and it has been a lot more manageable and relaxed than last semester. Nick has a much lighter schedule and I am only teaching one section twice a week. So we are very happy about that. Nick was given the option to student teach seminary this semester which is what we have been wanting but we couldn't seem to find a time every day that would work. So after a lot of thought and prayer we decided to refuse the offer and hope that the opportunity comes in the fall.
Funny story of the week: We have been taking Sher Anderson's birthing class which is excellent and very informative. She talked about Cayenne pepper being a great source that helps with picking up iron and blood clotting. So I decided to make a Cayenne/Apple Cider Vinegar/Honey concoction yesterday. I knew Nick would like it because he loves hot and spicy things. As I was measuring the water and honey, Nick was opening the Vinegar. He asked, "so do you like this stuff?" I thought he was talking about the concoction but he was talking about the vinegar and so I said, "yes, I've acquired a taste for it." The next thing I knew, Nick was spewing vinegar everywhere and sputtering! Once I realized what happened I have to say I couldn't stop laughing! He really is not afraid to try anything edible and maybe not so edible so I need to be careful about that. The burn subsided after adequate amounts of water were consumed but I think it had an effect because he called it his near death experience.
So that is the excitement at the Manning house!

2 comments:

  1. Nick should call Elise and talk about her near death experience with the vinegar, honey, cayenne concoction during our skiing adventure in Yellowstone!! Poor Nick (but I couldn't stop laughing after reading about it!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! My deepest sympathies Nick! Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete