Sunday, December 6, 2015

Hyde Park Happiness


It was a busy week around here, again!  I helped with the Relief Society Christmas program, which ended up being very nice thanks to all of Dad's help. The spirit was rich and uplifting and I think the sisters were inspired to reflect on Christmas in a more meaningful way. We were sorry to miss Ian's concert because both events were on the same evening, but he may favor us with some of his music at our family Christmas party!

Dad's been working hard to get approval for the ward boundary changes he already made in his stake. A YSA stake/ward functions so much differently than regular ones that it's tricky to get needed information and approvals. The big, new student housing building will open in January and the residents will be incorporated into Dad's stake, which will be interesting. He's trying to help get things ready for that. They have to wait to see how many active members it will involve before they can create another ward and find another bishop. Lots of exciting changes!

We set up our Christmas tree, the best we've had in a long time, thanks to Emma and her friends. We've also started reading our favorite Christmas books. I hope you all have the "old favorites." If not, let me know and I'll do my best to find them for you.

Emma has been in high demand lately. Friends are constantly inviting her to watch movies and hang out. Sometimes she goes. Sometimes she doesn't. She was thrilled when Lauren came the other day and stayed to watch White Christmas with her. I think she'd watch it every day if I'd let her! She's still having pain in her foot, though. I had hoped it would improve after marching band season, but when she gets cold, the pain increases. We'll have it looked at soon.

We haven't seen much of Thomas lately. I'm pretty sure that when this semester is over, he will sleep for three days straight! Poor guy... Trying to balance school, work, coaching, wedding planning, etc. is exhausting!

I sent in my Graduation Application to Midwives College of Utah this week. I have 3 more papers to write next week and then I'll be finished with all of my class work! I can't believe it! It's been a long and satisfying journey, but like having a baby, I think the most challenging part has really just begun. I attended a birth on Friday night at the birth center in Ogden and was grateful to be able to crash at Ruth's house afterward. It was delightful to stay with Henry the next morning while the rest of the Nilssons went to find the perfect Christmas tree. I have another mom due here who has been having signs of labor for a couple of days. After that baby arrives, I'll have a break for a few weeks. It will be nice to feel like I can travel out of the valley without worrying about getting too far away!

Watch your email for news about the upcoming Belliston Family Christmas Party!!!!!!!

Christmas thoughts:

http://bcove.me/e6r6tf96

“This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.”  President Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment