Sunday, January 6, 2019

Nilsson News

Happy New Year to everyone!  We hit the ground running with the new year, well, not exactly running, but painting.  Last week I thought painting the playroom was a good project and then that moved over to painting Emerson's bedroom and updating the outlets and light switches.  When I started painting the ceiling in his room I realized just how nasty it was and painted the ceiling in the playroom as well, and the hall and entry way, oh and I think I should probably include Addy's room and the stairway.  Okay, I can't let the living room feel left out, so I painted the living room ceiling until I ran out of paint.  Now that all the ceilings were looking nice and new, I needed walls to match so I tackled the hallway until I ran out of time.  The stairs will be next and then the majority of our upstairs will be bright and cheerful.  What a refreshing way to jump into the new year!  Ahh, I love a good project(s).  I do have pictures to post but as of right now I only have before's so I will post them once I get the after's.
The year also began with our oldest daughter entering youth-hood.  She had an interview with the bishop and on New Years Day received her temple recommend.  We found her five family names and the next day, Garrett took her to do baptisms.  It was crazy packed and took them two and a half hours to get through!  Speaking of crowded, I went to the temple yesterday morning and got there at 6:20 a.m. and oh my goodness!  They pass out cards that tell you which session you will be going to and at 6:20, the next available session was 8:15!  Since there was such a long wait for the session, everyone waiting decided to go to initiatories and there was a 45 minute wait there where usually the workers are waiting for someone to come.  The Lord is hastening his work!  It was a lovely thing to see.
All the kiddos have decided to get sick.  They are all coughing and have lost their voices.  It comes with the season I suppose.  The kids and I have started to discuss what plants we want to start in our greenhouse.  In order for them to be big enough in time, we need to start them the end of this month.  20 watermelon plants is on the list!  If anyone wants something started for them, let me know.  We have plenty of space!
Hope you are enjoying the new year and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment