Sunday, January 27, 2019

Nilsson News

I don't have much to report on this week.  SO excited to hear that mom and dad are trying some exciting projects and you know I always love to help with a good project.  We had a contractor come and look at the walls we want to take out.  We do not have trusses so therefore we can't just knock things down without the proper support.  Bummer!  I was so ready with a sledge hammer to have demo day!  He did say the project is a "simple" one (probably one of the most complex projects I've ever heard of!).  Building temporary walls, driving in two steel posts from the basement up, hefting a 25' long 800 pound beam into the ceiling above and reconnecting all the existing ceiling joists into the beam, patching all the holes and making it match the rest of the walls and ceiling.  Yes, so simple?

Anyway, that project has been bumped from doing it next winter to maybe five winters from now.  Sigh.  Henry is now sick so we are slowly making the rounds again.  Garrett challenged me to a Spartan race the beginning of March.  I think I will probably die.  At least it will be doing something awesomely crazy.  Our first package of garden seeds arrived so we will hopefully be starting some this week!

Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, you can't die during the Spartan race. You have children to finish raising! Where is it? Can other people watch? I'd love to come, if possible...

    ReplyDelete