Monday, January 7, 2019

Flake Fatigue

Happy New Year everyone and apologies for our absence for the last several weeks.  I feel like I am almost back in the groove.  To catch you all up:

We left Logan on Thursday morning and made it back to Snowflake around 8:00pm. (There was snow!!)  The next morning we got up and left for Mesa around 6:00 to attend Scott's grandpa's funeral.  We drove through more snow) We got back from that around 5:00pm.  The next day we went to Lakeside for the burial (Grannie is from Lakeside and has a family plot there) which was very nice with full military honors.  That evening we spent several hours fixing a plumbing problem at one of our rentals. 

On Monday we only had to work a half day because...it was snowing! And it kept snowing all night and some more the next day! That meant that I had a delayed start for work on Wednesday.  I have never seen this much snow in Snowflake and it stuck around until it rained yesterday!  Yay for moisture!!

I am feeling pretty good for the most part these days.  Trying to figure out how to get comfortable enough to sleep all night long but I'm sure I'll figure something out.  Scott has been an angel giving me back rubs and foot rubs as well as doing most of the cooking and other stuff around the house.

We are venturing into self-employment realm with Scott looking into doing taxes this year.  He isn't working for the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside anymore.  I think that it will be a really good thing.

We're sorry to hear that everyone is sick and under the weather.  Hope that you all get better soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I -DA-HO, I-DA-HO, I-DA-HO! It's a great place to do taxes! There is a staggering lack of details there though. Full disclosure please! Self-employment seems to be the trend in this family these days.

    ReplyDelete