Sunday, August 12, 2018

North Logan Notes

I want to reassure you all that we actually celebrated our anniversary this year!! Thanks to Mike and Barb  Hammond (he was in the mission with Dad and is now his executive secretary), who provided the tickets and the transportation, we attended a musical tribute to Andrew Lloyd Webber - who wrote Cats, Phantom, and other Broadway shows. We went to dinner with the Hammonds and another couple before the show and talked and laughed and ate. It was a very fun evening and perfect way to spend our anniversary. No donuts and potato chips from the grocery store this year! We really should have done this before :)  It's been a glorious 39 years! We are  already planning our big 40 year anniversary...

I came home to this beautiful bouquet on our anniversary! Dad is too good to me!

The greatest excitement since I last wrote was when little Chet Manning was born. He is a beauty and such a sweet disposition. He seems to like things just so, very much like his dad and brother :)  Wesley is a wonderful big brother and loves baby Chet. Lauren and Nick have an amazing story to tell, so give her a call so she can let you know the scoop on Chet's birth!

We continue to look for houses and for house plans. Nothing yet. Some days are discouraging, but things are going really well in all other aspects of our lives, so I do my best to not complain most of the time.

Dad is winding things up at work and will be officially done 19 days. He's getting all the computers cleaned off and stuff labeled and organized. It will be a significant day for him, and for us, when he walks off campus the last day of August.

So, I've been wanting to be more engaged in family history work and decided to do that for my GOALit challenge this time. It has really helped me get in the spirit of family history. I have been working on getting photos organized - hundreds, perhaps thousands, of them!! It's fun to look back at them and remember the fun times. Recently, I came across some pictures that caused me some reflection about firsts and lasts... I love these photos taken of our family when Elise was leaving on her mission. Our first missionary! It doesn't seem like that long ago! Emma was 2 1/2 when Elise left - and now she is on a mission. Words cannot really portray the feelings I had when I thought about those first and last missionaries and all of the happenings in between. Truly it seems to have gone by overnight, as if in a dream...

 2001 - Lauren, Elise, Ruth, Jenn

2001 - Joseph and Elise


Not the best quality photos, but you get the idea...
Have a great week, all!  Sure love each one of our sweet family! Hope to see you all soon. And, Happy Birthday to Emerson this week!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment