Sunday, May 6, 2018

Nilsson News

Hello all!  I just have to say how much I love the warm, sun-shiney weather!  It is so fun to sit and listen to, through an open window, the kids playing in the backyard.  They are much more pleasant when they have freedom to run and explore.  Henry however, seems to be growing more and more defiant.  Lately when I ask him to do something, he turns and scowls and says, "Let me do what I want!"  Oh boy.  The agency thing isn't going so well for us.

Addy had her final clogging recital this past week and she did terrific.  We had fun seeing grandma and the Harts.  We also enjoyed seeing Ian perform in his very last Tavaci choir concert.  School things are starting to wind down and summer is winding into full speed.

Our chicken coop is coming along.  Slowly.  The chicks are growing.  Not so slowly.  The greenhouse plants are growing.  Slowly.  The weeds are growing.  Not so slowly.  Yesterday we went and picked up a load of railroad ties that we found for a good deal.  You had to purchase them in bundles of 20 and the ad said to bring your trailer and they would load it for you.  I guess we had the wrong kind of trailer because when we got there, they couldn't load them using the forklift and we had to load them one by one.  Approximately 3,000 pounds worth.  When we got home, we had to unload them one by one.  3,000 pounds worth.  Definitely a work out!  Thomas, add that one to your circuit!  I have a many great plans for these railroad ties so let the projects begin!

Mom, I wish I could be more help with the house hunting.  It brings back all sorts of anxious memories from two years ago when we moved.  But I learned the Lord always pulls through at the very last minute.  I think he finds humor in our hopes of planning ahead and being in control of our lives.
We are super excited to see all of you in just a few days!  This has really snuck up on us but we are looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment