Sunday, September 13, 2015

Nilsson News

Happy Birthday to the most incredible mother in the world!  I knew our mom was pretty amazing when we were growing up, but I don't think the magnitude of what she did hit me until I became a wife and mother.  I really took for granted how organized she was.  How she managed to keep our home in immaculate condition even with all of us at home, I will never know.  She always had/has the best meals served in nice dishes (not just the pan they were cooked in) with around five side options too.  She was always studying the scriptures long before the sun or anyone else was up.  She had skills when it came to carpooling our family with three cars (most of the time at least one was in the shop) around to the 20 different appointments we had.  Her bread is the best on the planet even if her youngest daughter doesn't appreciate it now (she will once she moves out).  Service is her middle name. Her laugh is contagious.  No one could ever doubt her love for the Savior.
Addy says that her "grandma is always happy and always invites her to help."  Emerson can't say enough about the gold coins that grandma gives him each birthday.  Eliza loves to read books with grandma and make cookies.
In short, Mom you are the best of the best!  I love you and when I grow up someday, I want to be just like you!

3 comments:

  1. AMEN! Nothing like being a mom yourself to realize what an incredible one we were gifted growing up. Good call, Ruth! Thanks, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel at all deserving of your kindness, but it does encourage me to keep trying! I am in awe of your goodness and keep wanting to follow your examples! Thanks gals. Couldn't ask for nicer daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Mom is terrific! Wish we could be around more to show her how much we love her!

    ReplyDelete