Sunday, May 31, 2015

Heavenly Hyde Park

The wonderful feeling of love is lingering from Lauren and Nick's wedding! It has been a precious gift to us - and especially to her. I hope you felt it. I have been awed by the sweet, tender mercies of that absolutely perfect day - from the gorgeous weather to the beautiful decor to the intoxicatingly fragrant flowers. I have tried to think of anything that could have been better, but to no avail! It was a rare moment in time that was so very perfect. I hope it was perfectly satisfying to all of you in the end. I know there were moments of stress and anxiety beforehand (most of which were caused by me) and I'm grateful to all of you for putting up with my endless phone calls, questions and requests and for hanging in there to the sweet end!!

Favorite memories for me include:
- Emma's lovely cake and watching Scott help her frost and decorate it
- Thomas and Joe singing together (definitely need more of that...)
- Jenn's fun slide show (perfect music, perfect flow, perfect choice of photos, just perfect)
- Ruth's never ending ideas to make things so very lovely (and the constant remarks from guests about how beautiful it all was!)
- Elise's public revelation about Lauren's self-defense response to having too many mothers (I so needed that comic relief just then!)
- Grandkids eager to help before, during and after (so very, very cute and much appreciated)
- Tolerant in-laws who make things much easier and nicer (many thanks to Lori, Scott, Garrett, and Alex for putting up with it all and helping it run more smoothly than it would without you!!)

Thanks for helping me find the right shoes, the right blouse, the right words, but mostly for helping me maintain a perspective of what's really important. You are all so wonderful and I am very grateful for all of your help and support and love and patience and forgiveness. I guess that's what family is all about after all! I love you all!

It was a sober time for us when everyone left. Dad and I spent quite a few moments trying to absorb the thought that we are looking at lots of lonely days in the future. It is the plan, but we are wondering just how to change that plan a little bit. It sure would be nice to have more family around more of the time...

Enough of that! I hope everyone's feet have recovered and that all of your gardens will thrive now that there is time (and sunshine) to focus on them. We hope to get ours planted one of these days :) I love the photos and videos that you guys post at times. I hope we get some wedding photos on the blog. I don't have any, but can't wait to see the ones you all have (hint, hint)!

On to the next party..... July 2015 Belliston Family Gathering...... Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment