Sunday, March 10, 2024

Hyde Happinesses

 Hello all :) we had a good week this week. Daylight savings sure messes things up but hopefully we’ll get on track soon. 

This week I’ve been doing lots of food experiments :) I made a couple sourdough loaves today (chocolate chip and Parmesan asiago) and they both turned out pretty well.  I love love love the book Elise gave me all about sourdough and it’s been a blast to try out the recipes. The other thing I made were fruit snacks. They were also so much fun to make and sooooo satisfying! They turned out a lot better than I thought they would and I love that I’m not afraid that Stetson will choke because they seem to dissolve pretty fast :) Cams a champ for letting me try all these silly experiments and entertain myself ๐Ÿ˜…

Stetson and I went to the new Logan Library this week which was very fun! They have a good kids section and on their upper floors, they have outside balconies where you can go sit and read! So fun. 

Looks like the weather should be warming up this week (we can always hope) so that will be nice!! We’re planning on lots of walks and outside time during Cams spring break :) it’ll be a blast. 



Fruit snacks: blueberry lemon, orange, strawberry beet, and apple lemon



Introducing Stetson to the joys of graham crackers and milk

Date night with Cam started out with getting La Unica tacos and horchata. On our way home, we noticed a little boy walking outside of the church by Sky View, just sobbing. He was wearing church clothes, but no one was in sight. We flipped around along with another car, and I jumped out and asked what he was doing “I want my mom,” he sobbed and sobbed. The nice lady who also stopped grabbed a blanket and wrapped him in it. He was four, his name was Peter, and he and his family had come from far away for a “baptism party.” Well the other lady who stopped found out who had reserved the church and she texted them and called, but got no answer. Finally, after calling the police department, someone showed up. His cousins grandparents ๐Ÿ˜‚ he had NO idea who they were, and turns out it wasn’t a “baptism party” but a funeral and everyone had left and gone to the viewing. Well, he wouldn’t go with them, so we waited and waited for… not his parents but his aunt and uncle to show up ๐Ÿ˜… I haven’t the foggiest clue at what his parents were doing but they never came. Luckily when his aunt got there, he gave her a massive hug and just held on, so we felt okay letting him go with her ๐Ÿ˜… poor little dude! Teach your kids their last name, in the very least ๐Ÿ˜…


She’s still cute even though she drives me up the wall

Asiago Parmesan sourdough

Chocolate chip sourdough 

Readin


No comments:

Post a Comment