Sunday, December 16, 2018

Smithfield Scoop

The weeks seem to be breezing by... I hardly have time to catch my breath, not to mention accomplish anything! I spent every day this week, or at least part of every day, doing midwifery care, so I didn't get to check off all the projects on my list. But, I attended another birth- and it wasn't a breech this time. In fact, the labor went so quickly, I got there 2 minutes after the baby was born. All's well.

We did make some progress in organizing the house. I got the food storage room organized as well as possible without any shelves. It's working just fine with the bottles in boxes. I moved a few things around in the pantry and put some more things in there from the garage, which is very nice.

Dad undertook a big job when he found some odor killer to try using in the garage. He moved everything away from the walls and mopped the walls and ceiling and doors with this substance. It seems to have been effective thus far in eliminating the cigarette smoke smell from the garage. It's hard to tell if the smell has just frozen, or if it is truly gone. We will apply it next to the floor downstairs.

Speaking of downstairs, we were hoping the carpet would be installed tomorrow, but they called and scheduled us for Thursday and Friday this week. We hope it is completed before Flakes arrive on Saturday!

Besides that, we are getting a few Christmas projects done - mostly things for the YSA stake. We had a couple of visitors this week, which still surprises us. One was a gal from the ward, the RS secretary. The other was Bob Newhall, who Dad worked with for 30+ years. It was nice to have company! I didn't even worry about the boxes in the rooms and the pictures on the floor (instead of on the walls). I've turned over a new leaf and am not worrying about such things any more :)

I hope you are all enjoying some calm, peaceful, happy Christmas time. It is definitely a different kind of season this year for us. Not many decorations. Not many gatherings. Just us. But we are glad to have a home and not have to celebrate in a townhouse!

We look forward to seeing all of you soon! Watch for a Christmas Party invitation in the mail...

No comments:

Post a Comment