Monday, December 3, 2018

Manning Moments

Well, the last two weeks have been eventful. A week after Grandpa's funeral I came down with some yucky flu that I hear went around the family. Ear ache, nasty sore throat and swollen glands the whole thing. I was fortunate though and felt much improved by Wednesday and then Nick wanted a turn. His lasted a lot longer and was pretty miserable. So we were unable to visit anyone for Thanksgiving which was sad but we still had a good day and a nice weekend. The greatest blessing was that the boys didn't get sick! It was a tender mercy and we had lots to be grateful for!
This last week we had some great times including getting a Christmas tree. Wesley was pretty excited about that. We also had Nick's faculty Christmas party and what a riot. I think I laughed the whole time. What great people Nick gets to work with. The most down to earth people you'll meet. The next night we met up with Mom and Dad and Nick's parents and went to dinner and then saw the lights on temple square. Nick and I went to a Tommy Emmanuel concert while the grandparents watched the little guys. He is quite a performer and a great guitar player. Thanks so much to amazing parents who make those rare dates a possibility!
I have been very grateful for people in our ward lately. It has been an adjustment to try and be an elder's quorum president's wife and have two little boys, even two angel boys. Sunday's just aren't very restful and I can't seem to serve like I want to. But there have been so many people who notice my frantic self and step in to help and I want to be more like them!
You are all an inspiration! I hope to see you mucho during the holiday season!
Elise, I want to know what books you loved reading this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment