Sunday, August 28, 2016

Nilsson News

I don't know how I always get so behind on writing on the blog.  I recall the song we used to sing "My mommy said not to put beans in my ears..." and I definitely haven't put any in my ears but they are coming out of my ears like crazy!  This past week I bottled 51 pints of beans, gave a sackful to Elise and Mom and still have plenty to spare.  Tomorrow it will be the peaches turn.
A couple weeks ago, our neighbor and another ward member came over with a backhoe to remove our nine huge lilac shrubs that divided the backyard from the garden.  It only took about a half hour for them to do that and then they asked if there was anything else and we happened to mention our big elm trees, the ones that were going to be the family gathering service project.  Well, that only took them another half hour and they were done.  It was amazing!  I think we need to invest in a backhoe for all our project needs.  Things are slowly transforming around here.
We are hoping soon to start work in the basement on the master bedroom and bathroom.  Garrett said that since our family will be welcoming another little person the beginning of March, we would need to have a bigger bedroom.  We are still waiting on an estimate from the contractor but hope to get that this week.
The family gathering is just around the corner for which we are VERY excited.  We hope that the big fire up here will be out by then so the air can be more clear.  We look forward to seeing you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment