Saturday, February 3, 2024

Hyde Happinesses

 This week was such a good one! I was so happy to feel validated by all the wonderful mothers in the fam. Yall are so amazing. I finally had enough of no sleep. So I gave sleep training a try, the Sleep Shuffle approach. It has been awesome!! Long story short, this kid hasn’t gone to sleep by himself ever in his whole life. He wakes up several times at night and won’t let us put him down. On Tuesday I started putting him in his crib awake after giving him some food. He doesn’t like it but he puts himself to sleep in about 15-30 minutes. And GET THIS. Yesterday I put him down at 7:30pm and he only whined a little bit at 3am because he was cold. I covered him with a blanket and he calmed right down and went to sleep. I was back in bed within 3 minutes. And then I was so excited so I couldn’t get back to sleep 😂 but I was sooooooo grateful and happy. He woke up for the day at 5:45 but that was okay. I haven’t slept that much in months and that was greeeeeeaaaaattttt! Anyway that was the best ever. Thanks for all the encouragement and help.


We’ve gone on lots of walks this week and it has been great. Oakley has certainly enjoyed it. Stetson has had fun walking down the sidewalk by Adam’s park, picking up crab apples and who knows what else 😂 he keeps me on my toes that’s for sure!! 




I got to visit one of my really good friends this weekend. She has a super cute little girl and they got to play and we chatted. She also made some killer Parmesan, Asiago, hot-honey sourdough bread. Oh my land guys. It was awesome. But more awesome to catch up with my girl Collie.


Cam surprised me and took me on a super sweet date this week. Mom and dad babysat Stetson and we went to Main Street. We walked down and I showed Cam the Bluebird factory and then he took me ice skating on Main! It was so fun and idealistic! Then we got Zupas 🥰 it was a blast. 


Well, I love yall. Hope you have a great week! 

Also this is dad, checking on a cute little robin that smashed into our window. He flew off a few minutes later :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment