Sunday, January 28, 2024

Manning Moments

 Well, life is good. I took the kiddos up to Mom and Dad's last week and it was blissful. It was so lovely to visit with them and Emma. Stetson is so cute and my boys followed Oakley around. We loved playing in the massive amounts of snow, seeing the Elk, reading, playing the piano and having almost as many adults as kids. The moment we got home everything blew up. Chet was crazy about not letting Gus touch his toys, Gus kept getting hurt and all the bliss left. It's nice to be with mom and dad. We eventually got back into our routine and it was great to see Nick.

Everyone is growing and learning new things. Jane chews on everything. I suppose that means she is going to have some teeth pop out sometime soon. The big boys are learning lots of things in school and it is a blast to be with them. Gus is going to start potty training soon and I have been mentally preparing for the last month! He will do great! 

Chet gives us a lot of laughs as you can imagine. Recently I have been trying to help him learn to wipe and be independent on the potty. He usually tackles new things with gusto and he started out that way but it has quickly lost its thrill. One time he was calling for me and I went into the bathroom. He said, "I'm not really into wiping." I laughed and said I wasn't either but it needs to be done. I left and 5 minutes later he called again. I went in and he said very mournfully, "Can't you see how sad your kid is!" 

Ruth is putting us to shame with her renovations while we are still at a stand still. We should have just hired her and she couldn've learned what she needed to in the amount of time we have been able to dig a hole! Oh well, we are excited about it.

Emma, mothering is hard. It is not easy and I think you are in one of the hardest stages. When people ask how it is to have the third or fourth child I always say it's not as hard as the first. It really does get easier in some ways as you keep going. I kind of wish I could erase the first two years of Wesley's life. I was a basket case. Anyway, I think you are doing a great job and any of your sisters are a phone call away. Venting is a necessary thing!

Other than that, nothing new to relate. Hope everyone is getting some beautiful weather like we are enjoying today! Sure love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment