Saturday, January 27, 2024

Hyde Happinesses

 Helloooooooo. This week has been rather long. Stetson isn’t a great sleeper, and this week it just got under my skin. I know he’ll sleep someday. I don’t need sleep someday though… I kinda need it now. So anyway. That’s a thrill. But he’s still so happy and pleasant during the day so that is a huge blessing! He is so fun and is definitely learning how to push boundaries. He’s taken to throwing things in the garbage which I really don’t appreciate. If he would stick to trash, that would be great, but books, socks, oakleys balls, and other paraphernalia ends up in it 😂 he’s always keeping us on our toes. Recently I had a flash. I realized Stetson had never walked outside or in a store before, and whole new world opened up. Now I just let him go outside and toddle around. Cam and I took him to Locals the other day and he grinned ear to ear while he walked around like he owned the place. It was adorable. Needless to say, I’ve found something else we can do to occupy our time a little more this winter.

We had dinner with some old friends this week which was great. Cam roomed with Corey and Maddie and I were also roommates. They got married the same day as us and Cam and Corey have been good friends for awhile. They have an 18 month old, Emma, and are expecting another one in June. It was fun to catch up.

Cam told me a funny story about Stetson today. I was in the kitchen making dinner, and Stetson was reading one of his books pretty contentedly. All of a sudden he stood up, walked over to his toy bin, took out a necklace and put it around his neck, walked back to his book and began reading again😂 I would love to know what goes on inside his head some days.

We went to Hardware Ranch today! It was very fun. We’d never been before, so we weren’t quite sure what to expect. We ended up waiting in a very long line for a long time, and Stetson did great, until we got on the wagon 😅 then he got pretty fussy and kept grabbing at my shirt 🙄 so Cam and I were able to see the elk pretty well, but Stetson insisted on lunch and a short nap while we did 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

This week was a particularly tough one as a mom, so I just have to say hats off to all you amazing ladies that make motherhood look so effortless. Maybe you should try to make it look a little harder so no one gets any fancy ideas in their head about the ease of motherhood 😉 I love you all and am so grateful for all your examples!





So fun having mom and dad over for dinner. Stetson is totally enamored with their glasses and always makes an attempt to steal them.



Teaching the ways of the snowballs

Walking all by his big self in the store. That face means absolute bliss







No comments:

Post a Comment