Sunday, October 13, 2019

Nilsson News

Winter decided to show its face this past week.  We kind of decided to skip fall altogether and just jump ahead a season.  The high during the day was around 40 degrees and the night temps dipped down to 14!  Needless to say, it zapped everything.  The poor potato farmers had postponed harvest because of all the rain and the fields were total mud.  In order to save what they could before the major freeze, they were working through the nights, 24 hours straight and still they didn't get it all.  Farming is a hard life!  SO, if the price of potatoes goes up, now you know why.

These past few weeks we have been immersed in canning and yard and garden cleanup.  It is such a busy time of year.  This weekend, we spent some time with grandma and grandpa and the Hart boys.  It is always a fun time to be together!  We went to Addy's piano recital where she did a wonderful performance.  After that, Grandpa did a photo shoot of our family.  Can't wait to see how the pictures turned out.  We spent Saturday out in the barn giving our donkeys vaccines, dewormer, and some hoof trimming.  If you need a good workout, try your hand at hoof trimming.  There's nothing better (or worse) for your back, glutes, and hamstrings!

We are getting excited for our upcoming California trip!  Somehow, in my preparing for the race, I always manage to injure myself.  Most recently, while running/hiking the Buttes, my knee rebelled.  I came home and started researching it and I have what's called runner's knee.  Not fun.  I called Thomas and when I told him I had a week to fix it, he kind of laughed but then he gave me some killer strength workout routines.  If I survive those we'll see what happens...

Hope all is well with everyone!  Can't wait to see EVERYONE at Thanksgiving time!

No comments:

Post a Comment