Sunday, February 24, 2019

Hart Happenings

Greetings!  I soooo love 2 hour church!  It puts me in such a good mood!

First off, congratulations to Lauren and Nick for having such a brilliant toddler.  I'm so proud of him for getting the hang of the big boy toilet so quickly!  What a victory!

As Ruth mentioned, we enjoyed a lovely visit from Joe and co. last weekend.  Lori was a wonderful sport traipsing around the homeschool conference which was very informative and inspirational.  We all added lots of books to our libraries and I know my kids have been loving them!  Joe and Alex did a great job on their phone etiquette presentation.  The people that came had lots of nice things to say and Alex and Joe were encouraged to try presenting at a fireside or school assembly.  Very cool.

Monday afternoon Jack got to go to a Parkour course with his homeschool group.  It's like a massive obstacle course and they teach you basic moves of how to jump over things and climb walls and run on rails and stuff.  It looked like a lot of fun!  Next time, I'm going to try it.

Ian's performance is getting closer and closer so they're rehearsing every spare minute.  It should be really good!  We are excited for the final product!

Alex and Ian went snow cave camping on Friday night.  There was about 8 feet of snow up in Island Park and the temperatures were hovering around 0.  I didn't sleep very well worrying about someone freezing to death, but Ian said it was the warmest he's ever been on a campout, so I guess those worries were unfounded.  There were a couple of boys who ended up sleeping in a nearby garage because they didn't come prepared and not everyone slept as well as Ian, but Alex said none of them wanted to leave when it was time to come home, so we'll count it a success!

This week, we took a note from the Nilsson book and finished a project!  Our entryway has needed a little something for a while, so we decided to panel the one recessed wall in really thin slats that we sanded and stained to a beautiful luster.  I really like it and the finishing touches are on the way in the form of a new bench and some hand-forged hooks.  I really like it and whenever anyone is stressing out I send them to the wall and they gaze at it and it seems to make everyone feel better.  It is so pretty!

Here is another joke I told the kids in Primary today that they really loved:
  Why couldn't the Lamanites have dinner?
  Because the Nephites had the plates.

Hope all is well with you.  I listened to a really great talk by Lawrence Corbridge that he gave at BYU.  A friend had sent me the link and then when Mom and Dad came up they were raving about the same talk so I gave it a listen one morning when I was watering the plants at the mall.  It is excellent if anyone wants to check it out paste this in your browser: https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/lawrence-corbridge_stand-for-ever/

Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment