Sunday, February 24, 2019

Nilsson News

I have to say this weather is crazy!  It has really decided to be winter and we have gotten snow every day for the past several days.  Last week we dipped into the negative temps and this coming week, rain and 40 degree weather is in the forecast.  Some decisiveness would be a lovely thing!

Last weekend, we had fun playing with the Belliston cousins along with our Hart cousins.  While everyone was playing, the women folk slipped away for an entire day of inspirational classes at the local homeschool conference.  It changed my life!  Two classes in particular stood out to me.  The first was all about the power of words and how the language we use can effect the way we live.  The instructor was a gal from Elise's mission and I think we should get her to present at a family gathering.  She challenged us to change the negative things we say into something positive.  For example, if you find yourself saying, "I'm so bad at remembering things!" change it into, "I'm so glad I can work on remembering things better."  It is amazing the difference it makes!  The next class was about experiencing calm in a strong willed family.  Definitely up my alley!  The instructor was a total type 3 and I instantly connected.  She talked about having the self control and self government over your actions.  Even in the midst of chaos and sibling squabbles, it is possible to have calm.  I signed up for her online course.  I am going to become a new person!  It was absolutely wonderful!

This week we were able to visit with mom and dad when they came up to teach our little geography class about Australia.  It was so fun to see pictures of when dad was a bright red haired missionary and when mom and dad were strapping young parents.  It was good to see pictures of grandpa Belliston and Jenny.

In all our spare time, Garrett and I worked on our bathroom remodel.  It is very slow going.  It has turned out to be a typical remodel that has ended up being more involved than we had hoped.  We discovered two layers of linolium and under both of those a sub-floor that was in pretty rough shape.  We pulled off the tub surround, hoping to salvage the awesome tile that was under it.  As we pulled off the plastic surround, the walls came tumbling down!  Literally.  The tile fell off and exposed some moldy plaster that needed replacing.  I think we are finally done with the demo phase of things and now we get to put everything back together!  That is the fun part!
I hope all of you are healthy and well and we hope to see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment