Sunday, March 3, 2019

Nilsson News

This week started off terribly!  Isn't that a great way to start a blog post?  The weather decided to be warm and rain and like I have said before, that is not a good combo when there is still two feet of snow on the ground and ice beneath that.  I began my three hour ritual of bailing water out of the barn but it was very unproductive as I could see the water running in as I was bailing it out.  After five hours of work, you couldn't tell I had done anything.  So frustrating!  I had to take a break to host the little great brain group that was coming over.  It seemed that all the families were having quite the day.  All the reports were most excellent and the kids did a great job.  It is a fun tradition!  Well, the fun time came to a close and I had to return to the mushy, mucky, sloshy mess outside.  This is what greeted me:
It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but all the ground you can see is about three inches of standing water and I'm bailing it out a bucket at a time.  Fast forward a few hours and we were saved and rescued by some amazing people!  Elise brought over dinner!  Alex and Garrett organized their YM groups to come over with pumps, shop vacs, ice picks and other tools and had at it!  I wish I had a picture of it, but there were about twenty five young men sloshing around and seeming to have a good time.  One of our priests was jumping around in the muck and saying, "Now this is some serious redneck fun!"  They were amazing and had the water cleared out and a holding area dug in about an hours time.  Everyone was covered in brown slimey-ness and smelled not so very lovely but I am ever so thankful!  I haven't had any more huge bailing escapades since.
Yesterday, we made some serious headway on our bathroom project.  It is almost back to working condition!  I'm loving it!  It is not worthy of "after" photos yet but I'm hoping sometime this week to post some.
We are getting ready to head south to St. George this weekend.  This may actually be my last blog post ever seeing how I'm supposed to run the Spartan this Saturday.  We'll just hope I survive to tell about it!
Have a wonderful week all you wonderful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment