Sunday, February 3, 2019

Nilsson News

Oh me oh my!  For the fifth Sunday in a row, someone has had to stay home from church because they were sick.  Garrett and I are getting pretty good at rotating who stays home with whom.  This time it was Addy.  She started not feeling well on Wednesday and has not improved much at all.  I think we got 4 hours of restless sleep last night.  The flu germs right now are insane!  Everyone seems to be sick and they are closing schools all over in our area.  Take your vitamins folks and maybe invest in some face masks!

Eliza's birthday was definitely the highlight and fun event for the week.  Eliza requested donuts for breakfast which we had and nobody ate because they weren't feeling well.  After a very fun geography class with the Harts and eating requested hot-dogs, we went to iJump trampoline park.  Mom and Dad met us there but we couldn't convince them to jump with us.  I even jumped!  Addy and Garrett sat it out since they weren't feeling well.  In the evening, the Harts joined us and Mom and Dad for the birthday cake, ice cream tradition.  It was a fun evening and I hope Eliza had a great time!

For the majority of this week, we have seen very cold, single digit temps until yesterday - we hit the forties.  Some people might think "Yay! It's warming up!"  Don't get too excited.  It rained all. night. long.  Rain is good in the summer, not good in the winter when the ground is still frozen solid.  When I went to feed our animals this morning, I found them wading in about 3 inches of standing water in the barn.  The barn yard is a solid pack of ice so with the rain, the water drained right into the barn.  Let's just say, I spent three hours this morning bailing water and carrying it out bucket by bucket.  I guess that's one way to train for the Spartan but not exactly what I had in mind.  Still trying to figure out how to divert the water.  Maybe we need to build a new barn on higher ground...
I truly hope you all avoid this awful sick season.  I know I'm counting down 'til the spring weather hits and we can open all our windows and air out these premises!





No comments:

Post a Comment