Sunday, November 18, 2018

North Logan Notes

Oh, super sad for the Nilsson kiddos :(  So sorry to Eliza and Emerson.  I do hope it is a very short-lived malady for both of them.  Can't even blame it all on Halloween this time...

So, as I clicked on "new post" and started typing in the title, I wondered what I should call the posts when we move to Smithfield. Any suggestions? Maybe we'll take a vote:  Smithfield Synopsis, Smithfield Summary, Smithfield Stunts or Smiles or Scene.... It really should be an alliteration, so help me out here! What would sound best?

I can't thank you all enough for making the effort to come to Grandpa's funeral, for driving and flying long distances, for participating, and for staying and visiting for the evening.  Dad's family felt it was a fitting tribute to Grandpa's great life. There was a wonderful, uplifting and inspiring spirit. We are still getting emails and cards and texts from people about the music that Mannings and Bellistons presented and which touched hearts and lifted spirits. Thank you so much, Nick and Lauren, Joseph and Lori, for your part in bringing the spirit and honoring your grandpa. Thanks to Thomas for being willing to be a pallbearer. Thank you all for singing A Child's Prayer. It was a very sweet thing for me to lead the singing of that song. To look at Grandpa's posterity and feel their love for him, and his for them, and to listen to his sweet, dear friend sacrifice to accompany the singing was especially tender and meaningful.  It sounded angelic and I think it touched Tim, Jordan, Daniel, John and James, in particular, and blessed everyone. Thank you all.  Here is the letter from President Nelson to Christi that I want to publish here so that it won't be forgotten. Christi also received one from President Oaks that I thought you might like to see.



Upon returning home this week, we ran full speed ahead. Dad spent the week in meetings and in preparation for his stake conference. I had a long day of prenatals. We met with the mortgage guy, then the realtor, then with the mortgage guy again. We think all of the t's are crossed and hope the i's are all dotted. We are waiting to hear for sure, but right now it appears that we will sign papers to close on the house on Wednesday morning. Thursday we drove back down to Salt Lake to attend a marvelous production of the Scarlet Pimpernel. Joe and Lori saw it last week and they told us it was a great show, but I think they severely understated just how wonderful it was! So inspiring! Such incredible talent! The Harts were there, too, and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. After the play, we drove down to Utah County once again and I got to visit with Lauren while Dad took a few things to Carl. The next morning we drove to Twin Falls, Idaho to attend a wedding of a member of our YSA stake. She was in Dad's ward when he was the bishop, so we've known her for a very long time and been through some ups and downs with her, so it was very special to attend her marriage. Then home again to get our talks ready for conference.  It makes me tired to recall the week!

Stake Conference was amazing! Prayers for good attendance, a rich spiritual feast, beautiful music, and hearts turned to the Savior were answered abundantly. Dad is still at the church doing interviews, but I hope he felt as good about it as I did. It is a tremendous burden for him to plan and prepare a conference. Now my job is to put the 5 or more pounds back on him that he lost worrying about the funeral and the conference!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  We'll welcome any wanderers to this part of the country who desire to show up. It is apparently supposed to snow for this holiday, so please don't travel if the roads are not clear! I am deeply thankful for our family. Thank you for blessing my life so richly. I love you all!

P.S. I finally got Emma's last letter put on her blog, if you want to take a look at it. We'll hear from her tomorrow again....

No comments:

Post a Comment