Sunday, November 18, 2018

Nilsson News

I'm sitting home from church right now with sick kids.  Eliza is having some bathroom trouble and has to go about every 15 minutes and Emerson started throwing up around 1:30 a.m.  Luckily we were able to enjoy our annual trip to Layton before this all started.  We drove down to Layton on Friday and picked up Garrett who had been at training meetings in SLC all week.  We met up with some friends and visited for awhile and then that evening we went swimming at the hotel.  The next day we visited with several ward members from our Layton days.  It's crazy how everyone's lives continue on, even after you move away.  I guess I sometimes think that time should stand still but kids keep growing up.  We took balloons over to the cemetery and sang Happy Birthday to Hyrum and Joseph.  It's a few days early but I think that is okay.  They turn seven years old this year!  That evening we went to the wedding reception for one of Garrett's priests, when he was serving as bishop.  It was a party!  We saw and visited with so many wonderful friends.  Good relationships are some of the most important things in life and I saw how true this was when I was at Grandpa's funeral.
It was so good to see all of you there and reminisce about the good ol' days.  It was crazy to see some of our cousins that we hadn't seen for years and didn't even recognize.  Like I said, time goes on whether we like it or not and everyone grows up.

It is hard to believe that the holiday season is already here.  I don't know how it sneaks up on me every year but it does.  I hope that the time can be savored and last as long as possible.  It would be great to see some of you during Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.  We are so excited to see mom and dad's new place and help them move some things in.

Just a fun ending note, I've been watching Millie and how much she watches her older siblings.  We were at Addy's clogging and Millie was just entranced with the dancing.  She would stand and observe and then start tapping her feet back and forth just like the cloggers.  Yesterday, I was having a friend work on Eliza's digestive system on her feet and Millie was there watching.  As soon as Eliza was finished, Millie plopped herself down, took off her shoes and held her feet up to my friend.  She watches everything!

I hope you all have a wonderful, Thanksgiving week!  Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your family goes to the cemetery every year. I wondered how that would work when you moved, but glad that it's become tradition for you. I can't believe it's been 7 years already! Time does keep marching on, that's for sure. Hyrum and Joseph - and 5 other children - are very fortunate to have such devoted parents. And you are blessed to have them, too! I am blessed to have all of you :)

    ReplyDelete