Sunday, March 25, 2018

T&T in Texas

Hello Family!

This is Tori, sorry I haven't been able to blog on here much yet, but here we are! I'm actually hoping to start blogging again for myself so I hope to move forward with that soon.

Our life update right now:

We have a week of work and then we leave for Hawaii this Saturday! We will be meeting most of my family in Vegas and then flying to Kauai on Sunday and then Oahu Wednesday and back home that Saturday. We are excited and are in need of a tropical vacation! Can't wait!

Thomas has his last day of work on Friday and he's in the middle of scheduling June clinics in Utah with any Drill or Cheer teams that are interested, even Dance studios. He's also applying and interviewing with a variety of different jobs. He got offered a position to sell gym memberships at our gym while he was playing some ball. It was out of the blue and really neat to have that opportunity just given to him. He still will think it over though and needs more information but regardless, we pray and we know that the Lord will guide us.
Thomas is most likely going to be getting his personal training certification soon as well! We are excited for that so he can personally train someone at any gym or even from home!

I currently have a crazy month in April. I may need to fly out the Sunday we get back home to do some noise surveys on a cruise ship departing from Florida. I hear more about the job this week so it should be a for sure deal once I can get things booked and verified. It's going to be long hours but it will be neat to see how workers work and live on a cruise ship. I've always been curious! My job has had all these random, challenging, but neat experiences come up! I never know what's next and I'm sorry if it's been hard to explain what I do! I'm a safety HSE consultant surveying to make sure businesses comply with OSHA and other regulations. The work just varies! I don't even know what's next sometimes.
I recently was in a week long class to get my mold consultant certification this past week. So now I know how to inspect for mold and I'm a lot more aware. Really interesting and so random to add to my certifications but it's good information to know. I now just need to take an exam and get my Texas license for it.
That's a little about me and my job!

Rudy got a haircut! We wanted his standard bear cut or just a trim but it ended up being a shave but his head and tail is fluffy so he looks like a bobble head! We were kinda sad at first but we know it'll grow back and we got over it just fine! May be good for him since it's been around 80 degrees already here. They say it may be a really hot summer here. So although we love this weather now, we are not excited for the 110+ weather and high humidity. We hope it won't be that bad!

We are trying to see more in Houston so we can be more fun to talk to about what we do here! Recently, we were able to do a pretty epic mini golf course! And we are hoping to do some more sight seeing starting around May.  I wish we had more fun news and excited things to say we saw but stay tuned for that!



No comments:

Post a Comment