Sunday, December 4, 2016

Nilsson News

Whoa!  This week has ended up being crazy!  I was in charge of Eliza's playgroup and that is always a little stressful.  There are five little girls and they are full of energy.  Henry decided to show off one of his new found tantrums and the girls were quite taken back.  I then realized that every one of the girls except Eliza is the youngest child in their families and they had never witnessed something as exciting as that!
Another exciting event was getting our donkey's hooves trimmed.  Our wonderful neighbor came over who is a farrier and the first two donkeys went fine.  The last three were the youngest ones and they put on quite the rodeo!  I'm sure it was quite the sight to behold this very pregnant lady trying to manage these bucking and kicking burros.  They might be mini but they are mighty!  We have some training to work on, obviously.
We spent some time with the Harts and that is always delightful.  We were going to go on a field trip to the glass blower but it ended up being cancelled.  Luckily the kids were okay with just playing with each other.  I tried to help Elise with some projects but I really did not feel very helpful.  My mind still has a ton of will power and energy but I soon realize that there is a large lump in my middle that limits my abilities.  We were able to attend Ian's choir concert and it was very delightful.
Emma, as for ideas for the 12 days I am really lacking in the creativity department.  You could somehow find a scripture that refers to each of the numbers for each day.  Bookmarks, keychains, candles, pictures, and goodies like you already mentioned, are a few ideas.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at some point during this season!  I think you should all vote as to whether or not you think the Flakes should extend their vacation time to at least a full week.  Our family is in the affirmative.  If the vote is unanimous, Flakes, you have no choice.

2 comments:

  1. Ruth!! I'm advising you - as your mother AND as your midwife - stay off those bucking mighty minis!!! Hopefully the birthing process for those gals will be a little more calm than the hoof trimming was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the motion! Stay, Flakes, stay!

    ReplyDelete