Sunday, January 29, 2023

Smithfield Scoop - From Kentucky

 While Dad has been home shoveling snow and doing his best to stay warm and fed, I have been so enjoying the lovely weather (rain one day, 50 degrees the next) and holding new baby Stetson. I have tried to be helpful, but most of the ladies in the family will understand my consternation at trying to cook in someone else's kitchen, in a different climate and altitude, on a different kind of stove, with different recipes. It seems that everything I attempted to cook for the first week failed! But the Hydes are patient and we didn't starve.

It has been wonderful to be here with Emma and Cameron as they welcomed new baby Stetson Dee to their family. They are very devoted, capable parents and are well prepared to give their sweet baby what he needs to grow up "unto the Lord." Cameron named and blessed Stetson at their home last Sunday. It was a beautiful blessing. Dad was here, along with Cam's family. Very personal and intimate, with no exposure to all the germs that seem to be floating around everywhere right now.

Stetson is growing well. He is not only very beautiful, but is remarkably calm and pleasant. His gaze, like most all newborns, is penetrating and it seems that he very much wants to talk - we think he wants  to tell us everything he knows! What a blessing he will be to our extended family, as well. I'm so happy that all of the cousins seem very excited to welcome him to our family circle. The circle just keeps growing - and there is room for as many more as the Lord will send us!

It has been an absolutely heavenly time here. Tomorrow will be one of those very hard days when I must return home. I am being stoic and refuse to break down, but I have every confidence that the tears will flow when I get to the airport, where no one knows or cares about me. It will be a lonely flight home, for sure. Oh, I will be very happy to see Dad, but it's hard to leave knowing it will be a long while before I see this precious family again.

Here are some of my favorite photos of Stetson...

Emma loves Stetson's toes - they remind us of Dad's!!
His first bath - and he loved it!
One of his first pictures after coming home - 
he always has one or both hands by his face.
This boy is so pleasant and smiles - A LOT!

He also has a penetrating gaze and looks very wise.
It's definitely a love affair!


No comments:

Post a Comment