Sunday, December 15, 2019

Nilsson News

One more week until Christmas.  Why does it disappear so fast?  Last week, Addy received her Young Womenhoond medalion.  It has been a race to finish.  She has been really dedicated to complete the program in one year and now is looking forward to the new program next year.  Emerson is also working hard and will complete and receive his Weblos and Arrow of Light award this week.  They have been excellent programs and we are excited for this new era of goals and learning and growing. 
Speaking of goals, I have decided what my major goal is for 2020.  I am going to try to adopt a minimalist lifestyle.  I found an excellent blog called "Minimal Mom."  This gal has four kids, lives in a 1500 sq.ft. home and she is not a type four organized person!  Most organizing info I find out there is written by a type four, pre-programmed organizing guru.  I need help from someone who understands my dilemmas!  Anyway, my biggest take away so far has been that every single item that comes into your home instantly becomes something that has to be managed and taken care of.  The more stuff you have, the more stress it brings.  Pretty soon your home becomes a place that you want to escape rather than being a haven of security and peace.  So, I'm going to do it because I have got to get rid of the stressful feeling we have in overabundant supply here.  I highly recommend checking out this gal's blog and her videos.  She's great! (and she lives in a cute farmhouse with a red barn and 11 acres...sigh)
I hope you all have a lovely week leading up to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment