Sunday, September 22, 2019

Smithfield Scoop

Thanks for posting the darling pictures of babies, school, chicks, gardens and all of the adventures you are having! I LOVE having this history that we are making as we post the daily goings-on of our lives. I think it will become ever more precious as time passes.

Last Sunday, toward the end of Sunday School, I got a text from a mom to the effect that "something might be happening..." She had a very short labor two years ago, that I nearly missed (30 minutes from first contraction to birth), so I left immediately and headed over to her house. Fortunately, things progressed a little more slowly this time so I had time to get there and set up before baby came about 4 hours later. As usual, we stayed for a while to make sure all was well with mom and baby before leaving. I drove in the driveway and as soon as the garage door was up, I got another call... "something might be happening..." So, out I went again. That baby came more quickly, within a couple of hours, but had a few issues so we ended up staying quite a while. I got home about 2:00 in the morning. Needless to say, our blog post didn't happen last week....

But, we did have a good week. Dad spoiled me on my birthday with a shopping spree and temple session and dinner at the temple. This week, we enjoyed Dad's birthday with a long hike up the Highline Trail that goes along the face of the mountain where the canal runs out of Logan Canyon. I think some of you may have floated the canal there, just above First Dam. Anyway, it's been covered now and there is a trail that is very fun to hike. We'll take you on it if you'd like, sometime!

We have been spending our time planning temple and family history activities for the youth in our ward. Our next big effort will be to meet with the youth and their families at their homes to discuss what they've already done on Family Search and in family history. We think it will be a wonderful opportunity to get acquainted with people in the ward and to encourage them to seek the "Spirit of Elijah" and the "Spirit of the Temple." We were set apart for our callings today, so hopefully we'll experience some increased inspiration for what we should be doing!

Here are some photos that highlight a few activities at the very delightful surprise birthday party you all so kindly planned and participated in. We loved it and would gladly grow another year older just to have you come again!!









For your viewing enjoyment, here are some of Dad's favorite recent photo selections...

Chet and his dinner.

A sweet ride....

Well, I tried.

Perplexed Millie

Ready to rock and roll!



No comments:

Post a Comment