Sunday, September 8, 2019

Smithfield Scoop

A Million Thanks!!!

How can I ever express how delighted, surprised and grateful I was to have all of you come so far yesterday just to say Happy Birthday to me? What a blessing you all are to me! I have a confession to make: On Friday night, when we were with some friends in Salt Lake for President Nelson's birthday celebration, I said to my friend, Barb, "We finally have a home big enough for our family to gather in and no one comes to visit!" Now, I will have to eat my words! Thank you so, so much for your  thoughtfulness. It means so much to me. I know what a sacrifice it is to come with your families when you have so many other things you could/should be doing. I do hope to repay your kindness in some way, someday. It was the second best day of this whole year (July 16 was the best day this year, when Jenn's twins were born)!

Thank you for the fun "midwifery conference!" I learned so much about helping moms prepare for motherhood, how to relax, and how to draw blood with my eyes closed! Every activity was so fun and funny! I loved the music, of course, and the food was heavenly! We are still savoring every morsel of Ruth's delectable watermelon. We still have some..... anyone tempted to return? Chet? Thank you for your effort to make it all happen and for staying and visiting for a while after you should have been on the road home. Dad and I had a blast after you left, reminiscing about funny things the children did and said, going down the path downhill, the activities, the food, and the video - which was definitely the highlight! I want to send copies of it to Jenn, Thomas and Emma! We laughed as we wiped watermelon juice off the floor, and the windows, and the light switches, and the walls, and the couch, and the..... :) Please come again!!

We will post pictures as soon as Dad can get them off the camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment