Sunday, May 19, 2019

Smithfield Scoop

First of all, thanks to Ruth for that stellar Mother's day video! How true it is! So, so great. Thanks to all of you mothers who are so inspiring to me - you just keep at it, day after day, year after year. Amazing, wonderful women. Thank you so, so much!

Yes, there is life in Smithfield. Sorry to have been so absent for the last while. We are just doing our stuff - taking care of moms and babies, building and planting grow boxes, watching birds, making quilts and organizing our house (still!). It's all good. We will have more to write about next week when Thomas is here. And the week after that when Becca and Darin are here.

And we do officially have callings in the Smithfield 20th ward. It will be delightful to be back in Primary. We are looking forward to it, actually. A lot!

This last week I attended three births, all on the same day. Actually, all within just over 4 1/2 hours! It was a little crazy! I don't suppose it will ever happen like that again. The first birth occurred at 2:35 in the morning and while the mom was in the shower, I got called to the 2nd birth, which occurred 4 minutes after I arrived, at 3:33. I had that mom in the bathroom when I got a call at 4:44 that the last mom was in labor - which happened at 6:46. I still can't believe that I got to all three and all was well at every one. Three little baby boys in the same night. Such a blessing. Now they are done. Just checking on them now, making sure all continues to go well.

Getting those babies here allowed us to go to American Fork to help Lauren find her garden spot under all those weeds! Dad and I had a blast weeding with Wesley, who hadn't been feeling very well. But he perked up and helped us get those weeds out! Then we went to the famed butterfly exhibit at Thanksgiving Point and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly there. Fun times!

Glad to hear that things are shaping up in all the gardens. If the rain stops long enough this week, we will try to get some more things planted. Our potatoes are popping up, and the onions and raspberries are currently thriving. We hope to make the rounds soon and come see all of you and your lovely gardens of plants and children and other things! Love you all!

Oh, and Addy, I think the cookbook idea is terrific! I'll be sending some recipes along right away...

No comments:

Post a Comment