Sunday, May 12, 2019

Nilsson News

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women!  You all inspire me and are such incredible examples!
It is beginning to feel like spring...finally!  The last couple of weeks have actually felt more like winter.  We had several days where the low was 25 degrees with a wind chill that made it more like 15 degrees.  We had snow.  It was rather miserable actually.  Even my tulips and daffodils were drooped to the ground and my bleeding heart plant completely keeled over.  But now, the sun has decided to show it's beautiful face and there is promise of warmth in our future!

Yesterday, I took Eliza and Millie to Grandma and Grandpa's house to play and they did not want to leave.  Their yard is looking quite lovely and you should all go for a visit!  The bluebirds and hummingbirds are delightful to watch!  In the meantime, I took Addy to her National Clogging competition at Lagoon and she did very well with her team dances receiving first.  She also made the advanced team for next season which she is very excited about.  She is preparing for her piano guild next week which is a pretty rigorous event.  She has to play 11 memorized pieces for a judge along with scales, arpeggios, sight reading and the whole bit.
Emerson has been involved with a group called Grit League.  It is similar to a Spartan race where they have obstacles set up and the the kids have to run around the course as many times as they can within a certain amount of time.  It has been really fun and each week it is at a different park or location.  This last one, he had to run up and down sand dunes.  Thankfully there hasn't been any mud.
Eliza is preparing for her final headstand competition in gymnastics.  She is constantly on the go whether it's jumping on the tramp, swinging upside down on the swings or climbing trees, she can't sit still! 
Henry is our best farmhand.  He is always reminding me that we need to go check on the donkeys, especially Penny who is due any day.  He pushes the wheel barrow around while I scoop things into it.  He also really likes to help water things with the hose, including any siblings who may be standing around.  He's a good helper!
Millie has to be doing everything that all the big kids are doing and she is in the phase of "I do it myself."  She has resolved to going barefoot everywhere and I'm doing my best to try to keep her clothes on because she isn't too fond of those either!
Garrett has been good about submitting to my project lists that are ever increasing in size.  There's always something to work on around here but it is so fun.  I'm envious of the Manning's sprinkler system.  I sometimes feel like that is all I do around here, weed and haul hoses.  I guess it could be worse and I wouldn't have a yard to do that in at all.  Always something to be grateful for!

Sorry to go on for so long but I have one last thing to mention.  Addy and I are working on our Personal Progress together and trying to finish it before the end of the year.  For one of our projects we would like to compile a Belliston Family Cookbook!  We would like you to gather and submit your favorite, tried and true recipes that you would like to have included.  You can send them as an email or take a picture and text it to me.  We will type them all up and include some pictures where possible and then give each of you a copy!  So be thinking and Addy and I will send you an email with a few more details.  Thank so much and have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment