Sunday, May 16, 2021

Hyde Hilarities

 So I’m actually the very worst about posting on the blog, but I do enjoy reading about y’all’s lives, so keep it coming!!

Nothing really goes on around here, but we did just get back from Cancun which was AWESOME. It was sooo warm and humid and perfect. We got to go see Cenotes, which are basically underwater caves. I’ll attach pictures, but the pictures do not to them justice. The water was sooo clear and pretty and blue. Lovely. We pretty much just drank piña colada’s all day and sat around in the pool. The resort was only at 15%, so it was basically empty which was probably one of my favorite parts. The guy that met us at the airport when we arrived assured us that because we were in Mexico, we could drink in the mornings. And the weird thing is that everyone did! It was like 8am at breakfast and people legit had some sort of alcohol with their pancakes. It was nuts!! I’m 99.8% sure we weren’t slipped some sort of alcohol while we were there.... we went to a few nice restaurants, and we’d get Pepsi (they didn’t have coke... and we were in Mexico...) and I’m pretty sure all the waiters were really confused and stuff. 

Anyway, so the part with Hilarities comes in now. I do share this with Cams permission ;) we were getting ready to go to bed one night, and I was already in bed and halfway asleep. Cam was still brushing his teeth and turning off lights. He was still in the bathroom when he turned off all the lights. I didn’t think much about it until I heard a big “whack” and a “dang it.” I kinda chuckled and asked if he were okay, and then he goes “I think I need stitches.” I don’t think I’ve ever gotten out of bed so fast. So, the doors in our room were like sliding barn doors, except when you slide them open, they don’t open all the way. Like, the door is still inside the door frame. So Cam turned off the light, and felt the door frame. Because he felt it, he figured he was good to go and ran straight into the door. So, not funny he hit his head, but then we went to find some bandaids. Luckily the cut wasn’t bleeding, it was just deep. We were hoping some butterfly bandages would do it okay. Anyway, we went to the front desk, and the guy had zero bandaids. Like, the front desk had no bandaids. He went to see what he did have, and came back with a packet of gauze and some rubbing alcohol. The bottle clearly had someone else’s dried blood on it, but he was so generous and let us take it 😅 then we went to the bar to see if they had anything, and they didn’t. Then went to find a security guard, and still nothing.... haha anyway. It was an adventure. We went back to our room and patched it up as good as we could with the gauze, and it was pretty good to go the next day. It was pretty funny. Memo: if you go to a resort in Mexico, bring your own bandaids. 



No comments:

Post a Comment