Sunday, July 12, 2020

Smithfield Scoop

I sure love this blog! I especially love the photos! And I love hearing what everyone is up to - all good stuff! I guess I just love the blog :)

Well, we will remember this week as the week we were supposed to go, planning to go, packed to go to Arizona, and didn't go. So frustrating! I loaded Monday with all the visits I could possibly fit in and scheduled the rest for Tuesday visits for my assistant/midwifery student to do on her own and got ready to go on our road trip to check on Jenn and see if we could help with things in Snowflake. We planned to leave Tuesday and stay a few days with the Flakes, then head home on Saturday. At 5:50 on Tuesday morning I got a call from a mom who was 37 weeks that day telling me that she was having some quite strong contractions. She knew I was planning to leave. I had seen her the day before and we both thought there was no problem with me being gone for a few days. I truly thought I would go check things out and then we could be on our way south. However, she had begun dilating and getting ready for baby to come. There was no way to know if things would kick into regular labor or sort of peter out. But, I couldn't, in good conscience, leave. I thought, "Well, if she has her baby in the next day or two, we could still go." She didn't. She still hasn't - though I've been to her house 2 more times when she thought maybe it was the real thing. But, I did go to a birth for a different midwife who had 2 moms in labor at the same time - one in Hyde Park and the other in Ogden. I knew the gal here and was happy to help with her birth. Perhaps that's why we weren't able to go to Snowflake. I am learning, over and over again, that most things happen for a reason and I'm trying to be a bit less controling and recognize the Lord's hand in even the frustrating situations that don't go as I think they should! We will get to Arizona, and to Texas, one of these days!

It's warm here. The garden is growing. The flowers are blooming. Dad washed all of the outside windows and I did the insides. Lovely views! We haven't returned to church yet. More places are requiring masks to enter their stores. Emma is in North Carolina. Wow! Is she ever happy! That's about it. I will try to write next week about what did happen, instead of what didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment