Sunday, February 9, 2020

Nilsson News

We started the week off playing with some awesome Belliston cousins!  Joe's family came up on Friday and we went over to the Hart's and played and visited and had a great time.  Emma also came up and just when we thought it couldn't get any better it did and school was cancelled on Monday due to winter weather, so we played some more.  Alex held his annual Super Bowl party on Monday and we enjoyed an amazing halftime show by the "Zanadudes" and there were no ladders involved so it was great.  We also endured a heart-wrenching murder mystery show that left me in tears.  Such good times!  Every time we get together we try to conjure up ways to get the rest of you to move up here.  It's like we have tasted something so deliciously sweet that we want to share with all of you and you just don't realize what your missing!  Stop eating brussel sprouts and come enjoy some homegrown watermelon!
I guess I should mention that we had a fun time celebrating Eliza's birthday.  It was kind of monumental because she had a friend's party.  She wanted it to be super elaborate and in my mind it definitely was but we just hope she had an enjoyable time with her ten friends that came over.  Ian was a lifesaver and he and Addy took charge of the games while I took care of other details.  I think I can only handle a big party once every five years or so.
The rest of the week we worked on school and the kitchen.  We are looking forward to this weekend, seeing Jenn and her littles and running our first Spartan of the year down in Mesa.  Should be fun!
 This was my first attempt at doing taping and mudding and this was definitely not a good beginner project for that.  Because of the plaster we were dealing with, we couldn't make the new drywall line up flush and we ended up with uneven surfaces with 1/2"- 1 inch gaps.  Now, in my research, drywall experts consider a "large gap" to be up to 1/4" wide.  Wow.  I had a huge project ahead, but I am happy to report, I finished mudding yesterday and you can't even see the seams!!!!!  Woo hoo!  I don't have any after pics but I will take some soon.  We also got all the walls painted!

 How do you like our new open shelving concept?

No comments:

Post a Comment