Sunday, January 12, 2020

Smithfield Scoop

Well, I must agree with Ruth - those Flake babies are pretty darling! And the Nilsson's are magical in what they attempt and what they accomplish! We can't wait to see the end result...

We had a delightful time reading all of the December blog posts a few days ago, since we had not even been on the blog since Thanksgiving. It is a new year and time to repent and do better! So, here we are.

The news of the month so far is a very fun trip that Dad and Emma took to Houston to visit the T's. I was supposed to go, but... yes, I was waiting for a baby. They flew out from Las Vegas at 4:30 p.m. on Dec 31st, and the baby decided to get on his way here at midnight. He was born at 2:43 a.m. and was actually the first baby born in Cache Valley in 2020! (See the link below to read the Herald Journal report of the New Year's Baby) The fun thing about this baby is that he is baby #6 in this family, and the first boy! Can you imagine having 5 older sisters?! Not to mention, the mom was a good friend of Jennifer and Joseph from marching band days...

https://www.hjnews.com/news/local/cache-county-s-new-year-s-baby-just-wanted-to/article_59b13a4d-396c-571e-8efa-e6c2bbdec2e4.html


But I missed going to Houston... The highlights of the trip were going to NASA, an aquarium, Galveston on the seashore, Barry's where Thomas works, and seeing the new house where Thomas and Tori live. They enjoyed playing games and watching movies in the evenings. It was warmer than here by a long shot, even when it rained. The Bellistons are great hosts and took Dad and Em to some of the neatest places to eat. It was interesting to drive on some crazy roads and to go to some "Texas-sized gas stations named Buc-ee's." Dad was quite intrigued by the restrooms and grocery stores in those gas stations!





I enjoyed going to Idaho Falls after the baby came, on New Year's Day. It was nice to not be home alone to start the new year. Harts and Nilssons were very welcoming and we enjoyed some book shopping and kitchen demolition. After returning home, I realized I was not feeling well and went to bed with a stomach virus and stayed there for the next two days. It was a most unpleasant bug, but I was very grateful for a miracle associated with that sickness. Even though they returned home very late on Saturday night, Dad got up when he heard me being so sick with some excrutiating stomach pains that I had been suffering with most of the night. I was able to lean on the bathroom counter long enough for him to give me a blessing and as soon as he finished the blessing, the pains stopped and I was able to walk to bed and lie down comfortably and rest. It was truly a miracle for me, a direct result of the priesthood. I hope all of my grandchildren will know and remember this story.

We are loving our Book of Mormon study and hope to post some of our insights and impressions from time to time - and really hope all of you will, too! We can learn so much from each other! We sure love you all and hope you are looking forward to the April Gathering. It will be very fun! The countdown has started....

No comments:

Post a Comment