Sunday, January 12, 2020

Nilsson News

Flakes win the prize for the most consistant bolg posts and the cutest baby pictures ever!
Dust, dust, dust everywhere!  That is what we have been dealing with.  Yesterday, Garrett and I tore out the soffits above the kitchen cabinets.  Something we realize the more remodeling we do is just how well built our house is.  Nails, chicken wire and plaster, oh my!  We can't believe how many layers there are.  We got the demo pretty much all done and now we have some electrical re-routing that needs to be done.  Addy became a little hysterical when we first started doing the demo and declared, "What have you done to my kitchen!"  We promised that we would fix it but it would be a bit of a process.  We also promised that she would LOVE it when it was all finished but we still don't know if she believes us.
The weather is cold, snowy and bitterly windy.  The roads were quite trecherous going to church and coming home, I nearly crashed into the side of our house while trying to plunge through a large snowdrift blockading our garage.
A couple of days ago, I heard a loud crash on our back kitchen door.  We are always getting little house finches flying into that window/door so I went to see what unfortunate bird had succumed to that fate.  When I looked out, sitting in our stairs was a peregrine falcon!  As soon as it saw me, it flew off unscathed.  The kids were pretty thrilled when I told them and only wished that I had gotten a picture.
Life is going pretty well and everyone is currently healthy (hip-hip hooray!).  Stay warm, stay well, stay true.  Love you all!
These pictures aren't nearly as cute or delightful as the Flake babies!
 Now you see it...

Now you don't!!! (all you can see now is layers upon layers of dust)

No comments:

Post a Comment