Sunday, July 13, 2025

Nilsson News

 I love reading the Flake's and Hyde's consistent updates.  Thanks for all the fun pictures!

It was such a blast hanging out with the best family in the whole world!  I felt bad that so many you had to suffer with awful allergies and I hope you have since recovered.  I can't wait to see all the pictures!

Summer is flying by!  The most recent event has been my surviving girl's camp and I mean surviving!  I'm all about camping but I am not about car problems and boy did we have them!  3 tire blowouts and other tire problems and blown fuses and weirdness.  I think we were consistently 3 hours behind schedule the whole time and we ended up cancelling multiple activities due to car problems.  Our bishop is currently in the hospital as a result of some events at camp. "Come what may and love it," as they say.  I think they may have called the wrong camp director! Garrett and Emerson head off to camp tomorrow and I'm wishing them well!

We have been loving the summer time here in Idaho.  Yes, we were cold and soaked on the 4th of July but things have since warmed up substantially.  We got a new zipline installed and all the kids (including Garrett) have been putting the miles on it.  You should all come play!

We have been enjoying the baby donkeys.  A documentary film maker came over yesterday to do some filming of the kids with the donkeys and then he interviewed me and wanted to see me acting "natural" with the donkeys.  I always feel so weird trying to do that.  He wanted to know if I ever came outside to just sit and I had to admit that I don't.  I muck out the barnyard, build things, brush the animals, deliver babies, fix things that are broken, etc.  It was an interesting experience.

In a couple of weeks we head down to Arizona for our cousins wedding.  We will try our best not to get heat stroke.  And now for same random photos....

Addy had her last piano recital and did a fantastic job!
This reminded me so much of Thomas!  Duct tape and cardboard costume of the Mandolorian.
Addy graduated!!!
Trying to stay warm at the 4th of July parade.
Taking a break from working on the zipline.

Henry participated in the BMX racing league and really enjoyed it.






We aren't doing any huge projects but we did build this very lovely desk and shelf unit for our school room.  This is the before and after.

I also painted our front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment