I think that I will let the pictures do the talking this go round.
We went to the homeschool Fire Station day and it was a lot of fun. All of the kids were able to spray the fire hose and it was definitely the highlight.
If you look closely you can see all 8 of our private mile deer herd.
The owl that came to visit.
Robin found kittens in Aunt Karen's barn and instantly fell in love.
We got the footers poured for the house. It was pretty stressful in that the cement guy told us on Tuesday that we could be ready to pour on Friday. So I called the inspector who, obviously wasn't in his office and left a message. Meanwhile Scott scheduled the cement and pump trucks. We didn't hear back from the inspector until Wed morning and he said that he would be there between 8 and 10 the next morning.
The next morning we watched and did some odd projects around the site. Finally arou d 12:30 we gave up. I called the town and they, thankfully, gave me the inspectors cell number. I called and he said that he hadn't forgotten and he would be there soon. So, I waited another hour and a half and then had to leave for gymnastics. At 3:00 I got a call from the inspector that we needed to put pins into the rock every 3 feet (16 inch long rebar drilled into the rock) but other than that we had passed and could pour.
So, Scott was up late that night but the next day we got it poured.
It took 3 cement trucks but we got it done!
Since it was still curing, we did some fence post installation on Saturday. The projects never end!
Love you all. Can't wait to see you soon.













No comments:
Post a Comment