Sunday, September 10, 2023

Hyde Happinesses

 Not too much going on this week. It has begun to cool down and I am here for it! It is soooooo nice to go on chilly morning walks and get to wear sweaters and long pants 🥳 Cam thinks I’m crazy for loving jeans, but they’re my favorite and just too hot in the summer. Fall is gorgeous in Kentucky. Y’all should come check it out ;) 

Like I said, we didn’t have too much going on this week. I’ve been in kahoots with Yanny and Ruth, trying to get our kiddos to sleep. Ruth has had some success with Dane, and Stetson has been doing significantly better! Such a relief to tired mamas worldwide. We’re working on training Stetson to fall asleep on his own. Baby steps are where it’s at. In the book I have about kids sleeping, the lady mentions that sleeping is a skill that people need to learn, and learning new things is often difficult and frustrating, hence tears. Since Stetson always nurses to sleep, we’re working on getting him used to Cam putting him to bed. It’s been going pretty well! Next step is to lay him down in his own bed while he’s awake and stay with him and try to get him to go to sleep on his own. Fun times. 

We went to the Kentucky Horse Festival yesterday. I’m not really sure what it celebrates besides ya know, horses. There is a parade with a bunch of different horses and tons of vendors and tents and stuff. It was a wild time. It was packed and smokey with all the different foods and smokers around, and really not too enjoyable. But then we went to a Mexican restaurant and got the best carne asada I’ve ever had so it was okay 👌🏼

He cannot figure out hats to save him, but he just laughed at this one and tried to eat it instead of crying.

Pray for me 😂

As long as he’s not actually strapped in his car seat, he loves it

Sometimes I forget how small he is

Eating cherry tomatoes. Dad bites a chunk off so Stetson can suck all the innards out, and Oakley gets the skin. A three way symbiotic relationship.

He desperately wants to be friends with her. I hope she warms up but for now, she’s still pretty standoffish 

Last bites of summer 




No comments:

Post a Comment