Sunday, October 4, 2020

Nilsson News

 Huge congratulations to the Flake clan!  We are so excited to have little James Wilson a part of the family and we can't wait to meet him!  Jenn is such a trooper and I honestly don't know how she does it.  I will try never to complain about being a busy mom ever again.

The garden is finished.  We pulled out the remaining tomato plants yesterday along with canning a batch of spaghetti sauce in between conference sessions.  I'm hoping to have enough tomatoes left to do a batch or two of that yummy tomato soup!  We have greatly enjoyed conference but like always, it is over way too quickly.

We have actively been doing school and I have been learning a lot.  I hope that someday my children will appreciate my attempts to guide them in their learning.  Every day is an adventure!  The days are the perfect temps and the nights are cold.  It's hard to believe we are fast approaching winter.  This has been kind of a lame post but life is going well and I have nothing else to report.

Emerson has been obsessed with the idea of owning a milk cow and making all sorts of dairy products like cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, and butter.  Just for fun the other day, he took the cream from our raw milk and made butter.  Maybe instead of buying a cow, we just need to increase the amount of raw milk that we buy.  Emerson says, "But mom, raw milk is so expensive, I think we should get a cow instead."
We sold all of our chickens and rooster.  They went to a family who wants to try hatching their own eggs.  I'm glad they didn't go straight to the dinner table.
Having science and history fun with the Harts.  It's always a blast!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment