Sunday, September 13, 2020

Hart Happenings

 I want to reiterate the birthday wishes for Mom.  She is the greatest and I hope she is celebrating well in Snowflake.

  Lauren, Parumpf Nevada?  That is the best name of a place I have ever heard.  It made me laugh out loud when I read that.  

  We enjoyed many of the same activities that the rest of you did these past few weeks.  The Spartan was a fun one-time event for me.  I as glad I didn't die and grateful to Thomas yelling encouragement at me and making me keep going and super grateful that there was no mud.  I was pleasantly surprised to be able to do most of the obstacles and only have to do 60 burpees.  High fives all around to those of you who enjoy doing more than one of those in your lifetime.  Joe and Thomas blew my mind and have some mad skills and endurance.  I want them on my team if we ever have to cross the plans.  They could wrestle buffalo all day and could pull our wagons instead of needing oxen or mules.  

  It was so fun to hear about JJ's birth story.  Victoria being inspired by a evangelical preacher on TV during labor was my MOST FAVORITE part.  SOOO funny!  As well as trying to find Emma.  We were all at Olive Garden but couldn't find each other.  We finally figured out she was at a different one.  No worries, we were all reunited.

  I also enjoyed listening to Joe and Ruth go at it about a proposed refinishing of Joe's fireplace.  Joe yelling for Alex to come and be on his side and even the score after Lori and Ruth ganged up on him will make me laugh for a while still.  In Ruth's defense though, everything that she touches turns out better than it was before and if it weren't for her nothing would ever get done at the Hart house because we have such a hard time actually biting the bullet and starting things.  Ruth is the best bullet-biter ever!

  It was fun to have Cam around and I know the boys in the family enjoyed getting to know him better while the girls were out to lunch.  There was a little concern when Cam ghosted Emma's texts for a while and the only text I got from Alex was "um, we lost Cam."  But he didn't stay lost and by the end of the weekend he had fit in so well he was like one of the fam.

  Thomas did an excellent job blessing JJ and it was so nice to be there and enjoy good food in such a beautiful spot.  Mom and Dad have done such a great job with their house and it feels so nice and homey inside and out.  We really love gathering there.

  Life up here is going well.  It is good to be back in our school routine.  The kids are enjoying doing their studies and really like the anatomy and history units we are doing with the Nilssons.  We managed to save a lot of the garden during the freezing temperatures and are still harvesting potatoes, blackberries, strawberries, and tomatoes.

  Jack turned 12 on Friday.  Thanks for all the calls and well wishes.  We are so glad he is part of our family.  He celebrated by going to a trampoline park, a round of golf with Dad, a soccer game and then pizza and frozen yogurt.  It was quite the day!

  Thanks for being such a great family!  We are crazy about all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment