Sunday, August 23, 2020

Manning Moments

 Well, this last week was the beginning of school for me and the boys and for Nick also. I started doing a morning routine devotional thing with the boys and it has been a blast. They really look forward to it. I hope it lasts. We have also started having more consistent play time with other friends and homeschool families which has been fun! I have set my heart on finding a monarch caterpillar but it has been a little harder than I remember it being when I was little.

Nick started teaching at American Heritage and it has been pretty good. At the beginning of the lockdown it looked like they would be more relaxed about things but then I guess the governor has shut that down and maybe parents have changed their minds about how serious things are. I don't know. Either way, it is pretty ridiculous. Masks are required, first hour the teacher have to take temperatures of all the students. Seats are spaced far apart, the teachers have to wipe down desks and seats after every hour! and they have these huge disinfectant machines that go off and certain intervals. Not only is it way overboard but the cost of it is exorbitant! Anyway, Nick is a good sport about everything but he has been discouraged because he cannot hear his students. With his condition he really does depend on lip reading and seeing people's mouths to know who is talking because he has no directional hearing. So that has been frustrating and I hope that we can figure out some solutions.

We have had a good harvest so far. We froze our corn. We have had tomatoes and potatoes and cucumbers and squash and onions and lots of tasty things! We had a recital for Nick's and my students in our front yard and it was a blast. Mom and dad came down for it and were life savers because I was a little over my head. But it was very fun and Wesley played in his first recital!

Little Chet turned two and he is letting everyone know it! Oh my. He is perfecting the scowl and hitting and kicking and talking as unpleasant as possible! The problem is that it is so cute! Arghh. He dislikes everything. Whenever I say what we are doing, he says, "Don't like pasta anymore!" "Don't like sleep anymore!" "Don't like dada anymore!" He is a cute little guy that we love so much!

Well, my family woke up and the world is falling apart apparently so I had better get breakfast going! Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment