Sunday, April 14, 2019

Smithfield Scoop

Hallelujah for babies! Flake babies! Donkey babies! And - finally - the baby in Idaho that I stayed home from St. George and Sandy and American Fork "just in case" for, was born this week. All went well despite the long gestation. Actually, the baby didn't look a day overdue. The dates were off by a week, is my guess... Anyway, congratulations to all mamas everywhere! ; )

Last night I realized that Dad would go to church with me today, and come home with me! That hasn't happened for a very long time. I wasn't sure how it would be for him to come home and not be needed in interviews or meetings. It was a little strange, but all is well. However, I'm afraid I might be the one missing the YSAs more than he is today! It's just an adjustment, and we will make it and be just fine.

The bishopric came by to meet us today. They are nice and it was fun to get acquainted with them. We have no idea if/when they might ask us to speak in the ward or ask us to serve in callings, but we are more than ready to be put to work!

It has been spring in Cache Valley - which means rain and snow! Dad completed a grow box and bought wood to build a couple more. Hopefully we can get those done this week. He also has some seeds planted that should sprout this week. One day it really will be spring here. It has always come before, so we have hope it will come this year, too.

Yesterday Dad and I went to Idaho with his uncle, Wain, who is the last surviving member of Grandma Belliston's family. He is a healthy and active 74 or 75 year old, white haired man who has not been an active member of the church in his adult life. But he contacts us occasionally and we always have great visits with him. We went to Idaho to be with him when he scattered his brother's (Nile's) ashes on the Snake River close to where they grew up on the family farm near Rupert. It was quite tender to see him become emotional about missing his brother, and probably his sister. It has caused me to think about, and miss very much, Grandma and Grandpa Belliston.

Theresa Ramirez called today and said to tell you all hello! Did I ever mention that Brooke got married last summer? Middle of July, I think. Strange how things change. Lots of memories to recall this weekend.

There have been so many recent changes that I haven't quite grasped hold of yet. Some of the changes from long ago I haven't grasped yet!  I am still having trouble realizing that it's just the two of us on the bench at church now, instead of chasing several children around during Sacrament Meeting. So weird that we won't have a child in music lessons any more or in band ever again. But, I am getting more and more interested in and excited about what lies ahead. The nostalgia is not melancholy or depressive. Just tender. Mostly grateful. Heavenly Father has been so good to us. I'm grateful for good memories that give me a reason to look hopefully and happily to the future!

Have a lovely week and keep posting the pictures! They are such a great part of our family blog. I will try to get on the ball and get some posted soon... Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment